.

.
Written by Nikki Kelly, Director at LegalStaff

Sunday, April 9, 2017

I was driving to work one day last week (instead of taking the train because I had too much to carry), thinking to myself that this would be one day that I would not pick up a story for my blog since I'd be in my car minding my own business. Well, I was wrong.  Yes, I was still minding my own business, but apparently that does not mean that weird and random things don't still happen to me.  Sometimes I think that the Menehune (I was born and raised in Hawaii, and the Menehune are a mystical race said to cause mischief for people.  Learn more here http://bit.ly/2oQ85MB), anyway, I think the Menehune have followed me here to California and are causing mischief for me.

So I was driving to work, very engrossed in what I was listening to on the radio, when a large big rig truck in the lane next to me honked very loudly.  I looked around to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would potentially make the driver angry i.e. swerving into his/her lane, and I wasn't, so I figured the honk wasn't for me.  Three important things to point out here.  I drive an SUV, so if a large truck is on my right side, I can't see into the cab to see the person.  I can see right up to the very bottom of the window.  The second thing:  I want you to picture driving in traffic from OC to SD; you tend to be near/close to the same cars for most of the trip, right?  The third thing:  I'm wearing a skirt (this will be important later).  So....  I keep driving and a few minutes later, the big rig is next to me again.  Honking again.  So I look around and still, I'm not doing anything wrong, so I keep driving.  When this happens a third time, I think to myself, maybe the person is trying to get my attention because I have a flat tire or my gas cap is open, or something else and the person is trying to actually be helpful but I keep ignoring the attempt.  So I lean over to try and see through my passenger window into the cab of the truck and the male driver has a sign that he had written and he's holding up to the window of the cab.  It says:

NICE LEGS (apparently my skirt was showing enough for him to decide that)
GIVE ME YOUR PHONE #

I know I've been hoping to meet the man of my dreams, but I'm not sure that this is exactly the way to do it.

As you read this, is anyone wondering if I gave him my number???

No comments: